Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Tips & Tricks

 

I  try to to spend as little as possible on cleaning products. So here are a few things I like to do to save money and keep the house clean.






My go to bottle. I keep a mixture bleach and pine cleaner in a spray bottle for my kitchen and bathroom touch ups.( 1/4 cup bleach and 1/4 cup pine cleaner. fill the rest with water.) This is perfect if the five-year-old grandson misses the potty. Or if  I'm working with chicken in the kitchen. It kills germs on contact and smells amazing. The whole family grabs this bottle for quick clean ups.

Have you noticed the price of laundry detergent? I have! I have tried these homemade laundry detergents and just can't find one that cleans as well or smells as fresh as my Gain. So, to make it go further I mix half Gain and half Baking soda. Since I have started doing this I have noticed my laundry is brighter, stains come out quicker and the clean smell lasts twice as long.

Don't you hate it when you get to the bottom of the mayonnaise jar and you have to scrape that last little bit out? You never can seem to get it all and you wind up with most of it on your knuckles. Start keeping the jar upside down. Just tilt it sideways to use and then put it away upside down. All of the mayonnaise will run to the lid, even the last little bit.

Now I love air fresheners, candles, wax melts, plugins you name it.But over the last couple of years the plugins have become somewhat pricey. So unless I am expecting guests and want my house to really smell good. I opt out of using the expensive stuff and I just spray my furniture and rugs with Lysol spray about three times a week. It keeps the house smelling clean and fresh. Also when I change the beds I spray the mattress and pillows with Lysol. It smells amazing and kills and germs that may be lurking.

My shower has a pull-up diverter to change the water from the bathtub to the shower. Sometimes this thing gets tight and won't pull up. I have learned that cutting a lemon in half and pushing down over the plug will cause it to work beautifully. Just cut the lemon and push it onto the plug, leave it on overnight. The next day the diverter will be easier to use. You may have to do this a couple of times. But it works!

No comments: