Thursday, June 18, 2015

Very Important Update on NeuTab product

Back in August of last year, I wrote a post about a tablet I had purchased.

This is a horrible product that should never have been put on the market.
When I purchased the product, it never connected to the Wi-Fi like it was supposed to, so I gave it to my grandson to play games on.  That was a very bad mistake! This past weekend, my family and I went on vacation and naturally  my grandson took his tablet with him. He had complained a couple of times about it cutting off  so we assumed it just wasn't charging correctly. My daughter in law went to check it and she noticed the casing was coming loose at the top. She pulled the tablet out of it's protective cover and it practically fell apart in her hands! She held it out for me to see and I noticed right away that the battery was swelling up like a balloon! My husband and son grabbed it from her and raced out of the hotel room with it. This thing was about to explode! In a little while my son came back in the door and said that they had no idea how to dispose of this thing. If they put it in the garbage, it could explode and hurt someone. If they laid it outside the door a kid could get it or someone else might call in a bomb. We didn't know what to do. My daughter in law and I took it down the main desk. This was about eleven PM. The people at the desk tried their best to find out what we should do with it, but we couldn't find any way to properly dispose of it. We were told by the local fire department that it was highly volatile! The only thing we could do was put this stupid tablet in our shower in the bathroom overnight with the door closed. The next morning we were going to start home, but we had no idea what to do with this thing. We would have six people in the car and two of them were small children. We ended up wrapping it in a towel and sticking it under my seat to travel home.
This tablet should have never been on the market. We have since found out that this is caused by a factory defect. I honestly believe that NeuTab knew this was a faulty product. Thank God Amazon no longer sells them. If you have a NeuTab tablet in your home. Please get rid of it. They can be very dangerous! My four-year-old grandson could have been hurt severely by this tablet. And there is literally nothing I can do about it, short of warning others.

No comments: